Friday, March 28, 2014

Polka Dot Frenzy








My absolute favorite pattern is the polka dot pattern, it is a classic pattern that looks flattering on everyone. You can never go wrong with a polka dot piece of clothing. I love polka dots so much, I guess you could say I am obsessed. I believe that people around me can vouch that I wear a lot of polka dotted dresses and skirts. I can't help it! My polka dot obsession lately encouraged me to look up the history of the infamous polka dot pattern. I read that the polka dot pattern was named after the polka dance because it became famous around the same time the polka dance was receiving increased attention. I read that polka dot dresses were traditionally associated with flamenco dancers. I also read that in 2006, polka dot skirts, dresses, scarves, and tops became a fad in the United Kingdom. Polka dots generally appear on playful attire such as bathing suits, and are seen on children's clothing, toys, and furniture. Maybe thats why I like polka dots so much since my style tends to be playful and childlike. Alright, enough about polka dots. I think I have obsessed about them long enough. The outfit details are below...

Peter Pan Collar Top: Thrifted 
Dress: Urban Outfitters 
Shoes: Thrifted 




4 comments:

  1. Love the playful pattern! Thanks for stopping by, have a great weekend!

    Lulu
    simplylulustyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love polka dots! Your blog is lovely by the way. Unfortunately, Google Connect is playing up for me, but I've saved it in my bookmarks.

    http://www.bee-on-a-budget.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete