I have a lot going on right now and I get stressed easily; I have been feeling really tired and frustrated lately. Sometimes it makes you want to quit or just give up and not try anymore. I know that is not the answer and it will only make matters worse. Whenever you feel stressed you have to continue on and conquer whatever is set before you. You also should find things to help you de-stress during times like these. Here a few list of things I think will help anyone de-stress.
1. Take a Time-Out: You don't necessarily have to take a nap or a siesta to get the benefits of a good rest. If you are at work or school, rest your forehead on your arms for a minute. I wouldn't suggest taking a nap, but take a little break. If you are in class continue to listen to the teacher but change your sitting position to allow your body to relax. Whatever you do just take a moment, breathe deeply, and relax.
2.Work-out: Working out is a great way to relieve the tension in your life. This doesn't mean sign up for an intensive boot camp program. Pace yourself! Find a moderately-intense program like running or walking. It will improve your mood and help you feel less stressed.
3. Listen to Music: Listening to soothing music can be very relaxing and calming. It can actually slow down an individuals breathing, heart rate, lower blood pressure, relax tense muscle and calm one's state of mind. I particularly like to listen to groovy tunes too! I takes your mind off what is stressing you out and adds a little fun and entertainment to your day! (I feel like another playlist is in the works...)
5. Go Outside: Get some fresh air and let the sunlight hit your face. I guarantee you will feel much better. Instead of eating at the office go to a restaurant/cafe and eat on their outdoor patio. Sunlight can improve your mood and make you feel better. So go out and get some Vitamin D! :)
6. Drink Green Tea: Not only does green tea taste good but it contains theanine, an amino acid that promotes relaxation. But be careful, green tea stimulates the effects of caffeine. Avoid drinking other caffeinated beverages because caffeine can actually worsen the stress levels.
7. Spend Time with Friends: Spending time with friends is a great way to relax. Whether you're laughing and playing a board game or having a catch-up session over coffee. Spending time with friends can help you talk about your feelings, relax and overall feel less stressed.
8. Go for a Long Drive: If you love to drive, then going for a long drive can help you relax and feel more control in your life. Take the roads early in the morning or late at night when there is less traffic or people driving. This will make you feel calmer and empowered.
9. Read a Book: Reading is a fantastic way to relax, especially before bed. Try to shut of all the noise in an hour before bed and take the time to read something. Reading is also a great way to start your day and feel alert and ready!
Hope this was helpful!
Happy Earth Day, lovelies!