Friday, April 4, 2014

Im just being me




Something I have learned over the past few years is how much I enjoy being alone and having me time. Now don't get me wrong, I enjoy spending time with others. I guess you can say that I am comfortable, and have a really good relationship with myself... ha ha. Although, I have not always been this satisfied with my personality. I would compare myself to outgoing people all the time and wish that I were more like them. I hated feeling like the awkward person sitting in the corner, looking at their phone because I was too nervous to approach anyone and strike up a conversation. 

I am an introvert to the upmost.  If I can choose a quiet evening at home with a small group of close friends (preferably 2-3) over a loud party with 20 or more people. I would choose the quiet evening with a few friends in a heartbeat. I find huge social gatherings exhausting and feel like they take a lot out of me. I am known for randomly slipping away from the crowd, finding a room or area with less people, to regain my composure. 

This is something that took a long time to accept and I am still working through it.  I have finally grasped hold to the fact that this is who I am. I have learned to not care what people think and be comfortable in my own skin. I have met several people that have the same issue when it comes to social settings and some of them are my best friends. They accept me for who I am and I accept them. Sometimes we even joke about our awkwardness which has brought us closer together.

Having an evening by myself is my favorite part of the day, that's why I enjoy writing this blog so much. I have complete control over this blog and I can make it reflect my personality. I can show bits and pieces of who I am.  I can avoid the awkward introductions and the slow process of getting to know others; until I am comfortable enough to show them the quirky side of my personality.

Do you like time to yourself? 
Are you an introvert and can you relate to me?

Happy Friday!
xo Precious!

19 comments:

  1. I can totally relate to you. I'm definitely an introvert & I'd choose a quite night in reading a book over a social gathering any time!
    P for Pearl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This makes me happy! Sometimes I feel like there is none else like me. Yayy! :)

      Delete
  2. I love the photos and I enjoyed reading this post.I can definitely relate to the feeling of rather being at home with a small group of friends than going out with a lot of people. And I sometimes feel like that awkward person chilling in the corner of the room.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yayy, so you understand! Well I wouldn't mind being the person to join you in that corner lol :)

      Delete
  3. I love being alone too! and now that I hear you saying it, I guess that's also a bit why I love blogging, to just have something of my own :) adorable outfits!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You too! I love finding people that have similar interests as me! So far blogging is a blast! :)

      Delete
  4. I absolutely love having alone time, more so now that I have a little baby! Looking lovely, young lady

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes thats my favorite part of the day! Awe thank you! :)

      Delete
  5. i understand you completelyyy on this post! love it! thanks for my comment too :) il give ya a followw xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I can completely relate to that! I absolutely NEED alone time. The past few weeks I've been so busy that I didn't get enough time alone and...it was not good :/ Anyways, love your outfits! They're very well put together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Love to find more people like me... this is exciting!! :)

      Delete
  7. I think I am a cross between the two extremes. I love alone time but I can't take too much of it. Raised as an only child, all I did was spend time with myself so now I yearn to be around people. However I don't want to be in huge crowds with everyone staring at me. Just a few people watching a dvd with some snacks and pizza - that's my kind of day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I can agree a few people watching a movie sounds like a blast! :)

      Delete
  8. Absolutely loving your blog girl! These outfits are so cute! xo

    www.calijae.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe thank you! :)

      www.ensembledeux.blogspot.com

      Delete
  9. I am an introvert too, I am often that person in the corner staring at my phone so I don't have to attempt talking to anyone! It is always nice to know there are other people who experience the same things :)
    And that light blue floral dress is so cute!
    xo Charlotte
    http://thelittleorangedress.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes its nice to find out there are other people like me. I guess thats why I wrote the post to see if there are other people out there that can relate! :)

      Delete
  10. I definitely have that denim dress you're wearing in the top pictures. Twins! ;)

    patternedposies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete