Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Sometimes Plan But Sometimes Wing It

I am all about planning and preparing before taking a deep plunge into something new and exciting, that you have never done before. But if you are too cautious and feel you have to have it perfect before stepping out in your goals and activities. You may never end up doing it. I had planned to start blogging years ago but I never actually started one. I thought that it had to be perfect before I started, but I just had to put that aside and just wing it. Here's a list of a few tasks that I think takes a lot of courage.

Select a few that appeal to you and make a point of completing them! 





1. Make a New Friend: Take the initiative and make a new friend. Ask someone that you daily come across and seem to connect with to join you for a cup of coffee. Or take the time to reconnect with an old friend that you haven't seen in a long time. The other person is probably wanting to do the same thing, but was too nervous and will be honored that you made the first step.

2. Open an Online Store: If you like to sew, knit, paint, etc. sell your masterpieces online. You can use websites like Ebay or Etsy to sell items. Maybe you have a knack for finding hidden treasures at local thrift or vintage shops, sell them online and turn it into a profit to help fund future endeavors.

3. Start a blog or a YouTube channel: Do you have a neat fashion sense, photography skills, like making DIY's,  or cook? Then share your skills with others via internet. You will end up inspiring others and find a community of like-minded people.

4. Plan an event: Planning a huge event for a loved one takes a lot of responsibility and confidence. If you are someone that is very creative, organized, and works well under pressure. Then this is something you should consider. It is a great way to help a friend out and can also be very rewarding. Plus its really fun, especially if you like to lead projects.

5. Perform in front of a Crowd: Warm up your vocal chords, grab sheet music and practice your favorite song. Whatever your talent is find an opportunity to preform in front of a crowd and share your talent. It takes a lot of guts to conquer your nerves and preform for an audience, but it is really fun and will boost your confidence.


What is your list of things you want to do that takes courage? Would you do any of these things?


Happy Tuesday, lovelies!
xo Precious 

20 comments:

  1. those painted mason jars are so pretty!

    xxoo,
    nikki

    www.dreaminneon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was a diy project I did a while back! :)

      Delete
  2. Sounds like my list! I really need to do #1 myself.. but with people online too. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I definitely need to do number one too! It is something that doesn't come naturally to me. :)

      Delete
  3. Hey Precious, I've nominated you for the Liebster Award if you are interested it explains everything on my blog I'd love to see you do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe thanks girl! I will check it out! :)

      Delete
  4. I am the same. I like to plan everything and stress about it a little too much that I get upset when things don't work out the way I hope they would. So far, I've done 1-4 of your list above and I've also quit my job that made me miserable! Definitely didn't plan it because I haven't got another job yet haha it feels so liberating. So yep, I'm winging it! xx

    ps, love your blog x

    whatmakesmary.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I feel like I am right there with you girl! This is my last month of college ever! I am not quite sure what to do next. I feel like all I can do is just "wing it!!" :)

      Delete
  5. This is such a great list! I'm very inspired to start an online store!

    Abby
    www.chamapgneplans.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yea... I definitely want to start an online store sometime in the near future too! :)

      Delete
  6. Great inspirational post :)
    www.styleandbeautyforless.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. amazing pics and post is so inspirational!
    check my blog dear hope you like!
    and if you want we can follow ours blogs each other!
    facebook :https://www.facebook.com/TakeaLookatmyCloset?ref=hl
    blog: http://takealookatmyclosetbysamantha.blogspot.mx/

    ReplyDelete
  8. i am right there with you! i heard this saying once "perfectionism is the mother of procrastination" and i often find myself repeating it as a daily reminder. i am currently in the process of finally starting my own bookbinding business and sometimes find myself thinking about how i wish i could've just thrown caution to the wind and started it like 2 years ago! but i also love how much i'm learning and i know i'm going to end up with something i'm proud of.

    so yeah, i would totally do some of these things-- I started a blog, gonna start a shop, and both of those have led to making new friends! so glad you commented on my blog so i could find you— i'm going to add you to my reader now <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! Congrats on starting a bookbinding business and all your other endeavors.

      Delete
  9. great post, I think one of the things I'd like to do is to be more open with my loved ones, to make new friends easier haha cause I'm so shy, and to... cherish me cats LOOOL xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey girl I am with you there. I am very shy and find it hard to make new friends! :)

      Delete
  10. This is the greatest post. I love it so much. So important and inspiring ♥

    Diary of a Singer-Songwriter ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have a beautiful voice! I am a fan! :)

      Delete