Friday, May 9, 2014

How to Define Your Style





If you're trying to capitalize your wardrobe,  it is best to develop a personal style and be consistent. This will help maintain satisfaction with the pieces in your closet and keep you from wasting money on clothing that are only worn once. I personally can't afford to purchase an item I won't wear several times. Actually, all of my pieces go into full rotation throughout the year. Also if you are trying to increase your closet but you don't have a lot of money this is where the modular wardrobe comes in. Buying several basics and finding many different ways to wear them (change up the combinations/mix and match). 

*Remember a modular wardrobe can be your best friend. Especially if you have holes in your pockets like me (ha ha...) 

Here are a few things that helped me define my personal style.

1. Know your body shape
2. Use what inspires you 
3. Be intentional
4. Be yourself
5. Learn from the pros 
6. Have fun!!


(All photos above taken by me, model my sister)

What did you do to find your personal style? 

Have a great weekend, lovelies!
xo Precious

21 comments:

  1. Love this post! You give really good advice and the photos look amazing :)

    abitgraceful.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tips! I love the first outfit! so chic :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. great advice! by the way, i love all your skirts! :)

    xoxo,
    rae
    http://www.raellarina.net/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tips & lovely pictures!!
    Claire.x
    www.xclaireabella.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with you! to be honest I prefer to follow fashion bloggers that reuse their items instead of the ones with new clothes like, every week, haha, because I often do that too!
    by the way, loving your styling! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Well you will def. see some things over and over again on my blog...ha ha :)

      Delete
  6. I think my personal style is still (and will always be) evolving. I definitely am drawn to an eclectic mix of styles. Great tips though!
    Miche from Buttons and Birdcages

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are good tips, it's so important to be able to get a lot of wear out of clothes, I try to avoid buying too many OTT summery things that won't work in Winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I understand. My problem is buying too many fall and wintery things and not having enough for the summer.

      Delete
  8. great post! and adore that arrow bracelet

    xo, Liz
    http://oyouclassy.com
    http://oyouclassy.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so right about everything. Very good advice!

    ReplyDelete
  10. stripes! love em :)
    have a good weekend! x

    sharon @ shasummerwine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thannk you! You have a great weekend too :)

      Delete
  11. I like your denim skirt ! Very cute !

    Follow me on GFC and/BlogLovin', I always follow back :) ! X

    WWW.FLYDP.BLOGSPOT.COM

    ReplyDelete