Tuesday, May 6, 2014

The Beauty Within









Happy girls are the prettiest
~Audrey Hepburn

Last Saturday was Audrey Hepburn's birthday, one of my top fashion icons. When I watched Breakfast at Tiffany's for the first time it was a life changing moment for me. After I watched that move I became interested in fashion and started to define my personal style. I love the way Audrey carried herself and almost appeared to glide when she walked across the television screen with elegance and poise. Hands down Audrey Hepburn is a good example of true beauty. Not only did she have physical beauty but she appeared to have inner beauty as well. Her quote, "Happy girls are the prettiest" made be think about the true definition of beauty. 

Our society focuses on physical appearances but beauty is much more than that. Beauty is within, it is the personality and traits of a person that makes them beautiful. It is the joy and happiness that resides in a person that makes them attractive. Hands down a person who smiles a lot is always more appealing than someone who is always frowning and frustrated. 


Here are a few traits that make a person beautiful:
*Humility
*Confidence (not arrogance)
*Happiness
*Contentment 
*Forgiveness 
*Honesty
*Love  
                                                                                                        What does true beauty mean to you? 
Are there other traits you think should be on the list?

Happy (belated) Birthday Audrey! 
xo Precious 

20 comments:

  1. Hi :)
    i just found your blog now, and i really like it :)
    You have gain a new follower hehehe
    i invite you to visit my little corner, i will put here the link http://free-zing-time.blogspot.pt/
    xxx <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful pictures! I would add selflessness to the list ^_^

    Laila from Townhouse Palette ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. those flowers are gorgeous!

    xxoo,
    nikki

    www.dreaminneon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks my mom bought them for me for graduation!

      Delete
  4. Love your Audrey Hepburn's quotation ;)... Beautiful pictures! xx

    http://trend-mae.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are lovely photos, I adore those flower vases:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing pics! The flowers are so beautiful. Thx for sharing. I agree with your list. Would you like to follow each other on GFC? Please let me know on my blog so I can follow back. Thank you.
    xox
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the photos!! So pretty!

    xx,
    www.mellowyellowblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. hello! I like your blog! and your posts are really fun to read <3 let's be friends! :D :)

    http://iamthunderchick.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG ! super perfect snap! those flower looks gorgeous <3

    Ruby and Rosa

    ReplyDelete