Friday, July 11, 2014

Granny Dress








For those who have been following my blog so far, it is quite obvious that I prefer a more modest style of dress. In the past when the rising temperatures of the summer months became a daily issue, it would make shopping for dresses a challenge. That is before I discovered certain brands such as Modcloth and Ruche. These two brands are lifesavers for me due to the countless amount of dresses with sleeves and modest silhouettes. During the summer months I can continue to wear my sophisticated style and be comfortable.                                                                                                                                                  

Instead of wearing thick layers to accommodate my covered up-style. I have also learned a few tricks over the years such as pairing sleeveless dresses with a light top under the dress. That way I feel comfortable and less exposed and I don't feel like I am the Wicked Witch of the West melting to her death! (ha ha...) This is a recent buy and I absolutely love it...for some reason it kind of reminds me of something my grandmother would wear. I thought this look would be appropriate since it looks pretty modest. What do you think?                                                            

Outfit
Dress: ModCloth
Shoes: ModCloth
Bag: Thrifted 
Necklace: Ruche

Have a great weekend, lovelies!
xo Precious 

12 comments:

  1. I love this dress! Anything with a collar like that is good in my book.

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in love with your dress! So, so pretty! I am the same, insisting on a modest look. Modcloth is my fav! Thank you for visiting my blog and your sweet comment :).

    Sammi@http://beautifuldreamerami.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous dress! love the print

    xxoo,
    nikki

    www.dreaminneon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. The outfit is lovely and I love the lipstick shade!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your dress looks so nice on you! I really like the print and your makeup, I am having a giveaway on my blog and will be ecstatic if you join ^_^

    Laila from Townhouse Palette ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, you look so pretty and fresh and feminine in this! Love the style and I think it suits you well;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally get wanting to be more covered up. That's the direction I've been going too! I also find it an issue though when summer comes around and I don't want to be sweltering. Flowy midi dresses are the best!

    Theatricality by Mariah

    ReplyDelete
  8. Granny attire is my favorite!!! The dress is so rad and it looks like it was made for you, you look gorgeous in it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How cute! I love the floral <3 I need to learn how to layer especially in summer. Two layers seem bad enough some days.

    ReplyDelete