Monday, July 14, 2014

Selfie Shame








Whenever I scout locations for my photos I try to look for secluded spots or areas that I am least likely to be disturbed by confused strangers trying to figure out what I am doing. I can imagine that a girl dressed up and wearing bright, red lipstick taking pictures of her self on a busy street can look a bit strange. So I understand the stares, gestures, and random comments. For a lot of people, someone taking pictures of themselves and their outfits on a regular basis can seem a bit conceited. Which is why I don't bother to talk about my blog to many people who don't understand this.                                      

I love being able to share my style and the ways I pair outfits. I look at taking pictures of myself as an artistic medium through which I could inspire someone else's personal style. I love admiring other people's style and the ways they self express their personalities through clothing. I also find other bloggers inspiring and would love to inspire someone else. Since I have started blogging and taking outfits I have learned to be more comfortable with my body and posing. I have learned to appreciate who I am and ignore my imperfections. I have learned to celebrate me and in return I want to encourage others to do the same. 

So I encourage you to ignore the selfie shame and take a few photos of yourself and celebrate who you are!! 

Outfit
Top: Thrifted 
Dress: ModCloth
Shoes: ModCloth 
Purse: Forever 21

Have a Happy Monday, lovelies!
Enjoy being you!!!
xo Precious

30 comments:

  1. Thank you for being so cute yet modest!! Love the idea of a white tee underneath a sleeveless dress. You are so inspiring. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. very pretty look :)

    http://sbr-fashion-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your bag! and the cute peter pan collar on the dress :)

    ✿The Sleee ✿

    ReplyDelete
  4. This outfit reminds me school times. I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That dress is so nice, sort of like sailor chic! And I'm glad you're more comfortable taking pictures, I'm still not brave enough to go outside with my tripod but perhaps one day :)

    Cats in Crop Tops

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a nice outfit! :) Love this post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such sweet words! Love your purse with the stripes! :)
    www.elizabethamyyy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the colour of your satchel so much! Your dress is super cute as well :)
    I'm always worried about people seeing me taking pictures so at the moment I've only had them taken in my garden haha. I think I'll have to branch out soon though and find some nice spots and not worry about other people looking!

    Louise / www.asseenonlouise.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. ok, cutest dress! and i know what you mean haha. i decided i would rather have the memories than be all self conscious of taking pictures of me and my husband places.
    xoxo
    e
    the little diary

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG I love this!!!
    so so sos so cute XDD
    majnira.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ahh selfie shame, I so understand! By the way, these photos are gorgeous...I love the vibrant green of the grass against that amazing black and white dress! It's so cute!

    http://happydayscalilife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. #bloggerproblems Lol. i feel ya! but you look great, so who cares!
    xxoo,
    nikki

    www.dreaminneon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is an adorable look! I am always on the look out for secluded (but safe) places to avoid the stares. It's distracting!
    Marie @ In Our Happy Place

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely on the same page as you! :D At first when I started blogging it was such a pain in the ass taking photos. People would stare, I would get uncomfortable and make weird faces and poses :D But now as time has passed I care less and less.
    Love this dress and your hair is adorable!!! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  15. you look so cute girl and that bag is gorgeous!!! xx

    www.lackofcolor.at

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG, such an adorable dress! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. aw your words in this post. so true. =) I love that it's an expression, too.
    you look beautiful. love the entire outfit
    xo,
    nancy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Super cute! I have the same bag and couldn't figure out where I bought it from. Forever21 seems so obvious now haha.


    I used to feel weird about sharing my blog especially when it turned into fashion. Some people just associate selfies with being conceited. Oh well doesn't matter what they think! I would love to go out and take pictures in public places besides it being awkward.. I always think someone is going to run over and steal my tripod/camera xD

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely outfit, looking very cute! :)
    I know what you mean with the weird looks when taking pictures,
    but well I guess that's all part of blogging isn't it?

    Much love xxx
    http://amelia-kay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Vestido muito bonito. Adoro listras, e essa gola é uma das minhas prediletas:)

    http://psicotendencia.blogspot.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very cute look :) M&MFASHIONBITES mmfashionbites.blogspot.gr

    ReplyDelete
  22. Definitely inspiring. You are so lovely and so is your blog. Keep it up! X.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Really love your dress, and you look sooooo cute. We are all in the same page here. I always get these staring eyes whenever I go to shoot, but I learnt to ignore it and deal with it. Good luck in your future photo-shoots.

    Wafaa
    www.fashionfootprint.co

    ReplyDelete
  24. I feel the same way about taking photos of my outfits! I normally do it in my backyard but am terrified of the neighbors seeing me. Haha. Maybe one day I won't be as shy. I love the dress! Black and white strips are one of my favorite patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your bag ! It's beautiful.
    Really cute with the dress.
    Love from Paris,
    Lorna

    Http://lornasharp.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. i love the striped dress and the cut out sandals. very beautiful, feminine, yet sexy.
    great style!
    keep it up girl <3

    x
    dahi

    ReplyDelete