Thursday, October 2, 2014

Fashion Friends: Meet Gina!

Hey lovelies! I am so excited to feature another blogger for my "Fashion Friends" series. Meet Gina, the author/creator of The Pink Wings. When I saw Gina's blog for the first time it was like love at first sight. Gina is a trendy military wife, who takes her readers along her many adventures. As she shares food, her daily outfits and her travels. Please check her blog out, you will fall in love with her too! 


How would you describe your personal style? 
The older I get, the more I veer away from trends and stick to more classic pieces. I love items that I know will last forever, quality-wise as well as style-wise. A couple of my favorite stores are J. Crew and Zara.

Who/what inspires your style? 
So many things inspire me, especially all of the creative people in the blogging world. But probably the biggest influence on my fashion is my husband. He's my biggest shopping buddy and anything I buy I will run by him. He's saved me from a few disastrous choices. ^.^

What is your favorite clothing piece? 
That's a hard one. But I think investing in a good quality blazer is essential. It can elevate any outfit and is a great layering piece. I've had this one that I love for almost 7 years now, it was worth every penny.

Who is your favorite fashion icon? 
In terms of celebrities: maybe Emma Stone or Aubrey Hepburn. In terms of bloggers: I'm always drawn to Pink Peonies. If I were a billionaire that's pretty much how I would dress :)




What inspired you to start a blog?
Originally I started a food blog, thinking it would give me motivation to improve my kitchen and photography skills. Which it did, and I had fun, so I started a style blog too and just recently melded the two together.

Tell us three fun facts about you? 
1- I'm obsessed with cats. I have two of my own fur babies and recently got back from visiting some cat cafes in Korea.
2-In my more adventurous days I ate guinea pig in Peru and live octopus in Korea. The first was fine, the latter not so much.
3- I'm obsessed with Hello Kitty.

How long have you been blogging? 
From the time I started my very first (food) blog it's been 2 years.

What inspires your blog posts? 
Everything and anything. Other bloggers, Pinterest, daily happenings, etc. Maybe the biggest influencer is travel. Hubs and I do a lot of staycations and I'm often inspired by the food we eat and the things we see.




Who are your favorite fashion bloggers?
Like I said earlier, I'm always drawn to Pink Peonies.

Where is your favorite place to shoot photos?
Anywhere hidden :) My hubby hates being seen taking my pictures. But same here I guess. Nothing makes you feel more self-conscious than a gawker.

Why is fashion and personal style important to you?
These days I don;t have much of anyone to impress, but there is a bit of persona; confidence that comes from  putting a little more effort when getting ready for the day...even if it's just for myself.

If you adore Gina, follow her here:

If you would like to be featured as the next Fashion Friend, submit photos of your favorite outfits and/or contact me at ensembledeuxblog@gmail.com and include a link to your blog!

Have a great weekend, lovelies!
xo Precious 

1 comment:

  1. she's gorgeous! love her hair!

    xxoo,
    nikki

    www.dream-in-neon.com

    ReplyDelete