Friday, October 10, 2014

Fashion Friends: Meet Desirae!

Meet Desirae! She is a stylish, southern girl from Chattanooga, Tennessee. I absolutely love her style and the way she photographs her outfits. She also has started her own clothing line! Check out how cool she is! 

How would you describe your personal style? 
I would describe my personal style as vintage... with a modern twist... and a touch of whimsy.

Who/what inspires your style? 
I like for my outfits to tell a story, so my style is most inspired by the little stories and characters that I've dreamed up. When I'm putting together an outfit I often find myself creating an entire character that would wear it, and then imaging some story of how that person lives, what they think and feel and a lot of times how other people see them. However, I'm also inspired by the characters and scenes in the movies I watch, books I read, and music I listen to.

What is your favorite clothing piece?
Black and white striped shirts. It's ridiculous how they go with everything.

Who is your favorite fashion icon?
 Lana Del Rey, always.

What inspired you to start a blog?
Mostly, I figured since I was already having fun putting together outfits I might as well start documenting them. I liked the idea of having my own little piece of the Internet that I could do what I wanted with. Plus, I have a really entrepreneurial spirit. I love starting things, pouring myself into them, and seeing where they go.

Tell us three fun facts about you. 
Hmmmmmm let's see.
1. I've recently started a clothing line, Desirae Danielle (www.desiraedanielle.com), which has always been a dream of mine, so I'm really excited about making it a reality.
2. I like working rap lyrics into everyday conversation just to see if people will notice. (Especially, Jay Z. I have mad respect for the dude).
3. Cotton candy is my favorite smell...and food.

How long have you been blogging?
I have been blogging since November 3, 2013. Oh my gosh, I can't believe it's almost been a year!

What inspires your blog posts? 
Being a personal style blogger, my posts are almost always about the outfits that my personal style is inspired by. I'll get a new theme in my head, or I'll have made a purchase that I'm  excited to style, or even just be remixing the items already in my closet to make something look completely different. I've recently tried to start posting videos along with my usual photograph posts, so I'm pretty into that lately.


Who are your favorite fashion bloggers? 
Oh, goodness, I have quite a few! Bonnie Barton, from Flashes of Style. Isabella, from Views of Now. Emma, from iEmma Fashion. Katie, from Coeurs de Foxes. Also, Jessica Celebre,has been one of my favorites for the longest, and I have no idea what's happened to her, as one day I just typed in her site and it was gone! If anyone has any information on her new Internet whereabouts, please let me know! Also, ever since I first stumbled upon Ensemble Deux, I was swooning over every outfit, and have been returning ever since...so Precious, is obv another favorite!

Where is your favorite place to shoot photos? 
I'm always looking for new places to take pictures! Of course, I like for it to really fit the theme of the post, like in magazine editorials, or locations in movies. My favorite place I've taken pictures so far was at this old little white house with over grown bushes full of little flowers, and even butterflies. The place was a sanctuary.

                                           Why is fashion and personal style important to you?                               
Fashion/personal style are important to me because they really let me express who I am. I've never liked looking and dressing like everyone in the room. Everybody is different, everyone likes different things, and is inspired by different things, and personal style let's you show that. As it turns out, I'm a 22 year old girl who still really likes playing dress up. 
Have a great weekend, lovelies!
xo Precious 

5 comments:

  1. she is gorgeous! love this series you have going on. i love finding new blogs to follow!

    xx nikki
    www.dream-in-neon.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word. Your style is out of this world, it is undescribable? So pretty.
    You have a new follower that is lusting over your wardrobe NO END!
    Rebecca xxx
    www.queenbeady.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! Really enjoyed the little interview and oh my gosh her style is amazing! I'm just about to check out her clothing line :) Really enjoyed reading this and I love blogger recommending or showcasing other bloggers. It's lovely to read and also nice to find new blog from a blogger you already like.

    Great post :)

    HaaappyAutumn!

    Hailes<3
    To visit my blog - Hailes Hearts Fashion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Gingham dress!
    XO
    Jeanne
    http://fashionmusingsdiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing outfits , really great photos.. Eszter

    www.shineonsilver.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete