Monday, November 3, 2014

Watermelon Dress + Dusk in Downtown








I spent about an hour and a half walking downtown to find the right spot to shoot this outfit. I got tired of looking for a location so I settled for this spot. It's funny when you have your mind set on taking photos and you take your camera, but when you look for a location nothing seems to work right. The lighting is off, there are too many people walking around, etc. Despite the distraction and frustration looking for a spot, I found this one. Now about this dress...something about the watermelon print puts a smile on my face. Especially because of the appropriate time in which I decide to wear it. You wouldn't think of wearing a watermelon print dress during the fall. I love doing quirky things like this with my style. I decided to belt this dress because it tends to be too big for me. I made the mistake of wearing this dress one day without a belt, and a random stranger thought it was a maternity dress. I was super embarrassed and confused. I guess the dress looked so big on me he assumed I was pregnant. I hope it wasn't because he thought I was fat...lol! Yikes! 

Outfit
Dress: Oasap
Cardigan: Forever 21
Shoes: Payless
Purse: Forever 21
Have a great Monday, lovelies!
xo Precious 

18 comments:

  1. that print is adorable!

    xx nikki
    www.dream-in-neon.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This outfit is so cute! I know what you mean with finding the right location. I think this one works quite nice, though!

    blousesandblush.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love love your blog, precious! Excited to join your blogging community.

    xoxo// Jully @ www.juelsengels.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, this is just the sweetest dress - and you look so adorable in it! Belt or no belt, anyone who thinks you look pregnant is pretty much crazy ;)
    xox,
    Cee
    www.cocoandvera.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for the recent visit on my blog dear. I love your style and that watermelon dress is so cute! I have a new post you might want to visit sometime... ;) or do you mind following each other via Gfc or any other social medias? let me know if you just like.

    love,
    Cassie Thriftier

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adoring the outfit on you, you look so cute. The dress is amazing and you wear it beautifully girl. Second, I think you find the perfect backdrop to take your pics, they are stunning! Lovely blog here btw! Would you like to follow each other on GFC? Please let me know on my blog so I can follow back. Thank you.
    xox
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute dress!
    Followed you on GFC, hope you can follow me back ;)

    besos,
    M
    http://theflowerduet.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for your comment in my blog♥
    Great blog♥

    I follow your blog. Waiting for you♥

    My Blog: http://juliemcqueen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. That dress is so cute, and I really like the shoes!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahhh I love that dress. I have the same one! haha it is pretty open in the waist. Maybe get a cinch clip if you don't want to belt it? :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. This dress is absolutely darling! Could you be any cuter??

    www.room-334.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete