Thursday, March 26, 2015

Outfit // Favorite Childhood Story

Madeline by Ludwig Bemelmans 


"In an old house in Paris that was covered with vines

lived twelve little girls in two straight lines.

In two straight lines they broke their bread
and brushed their teeth
and went to bed.

They smiled at the good
and frowned at the bad
and sometimes
they were very sad.


They left the house
at half past nine
in two straight lines
in rain

or shine-
the smallest one
was Madeline.
She was not afraid
of mice-
she loved winter,snow, and ice."











When I was a little girl one of my favorite childhood stories was Madeline. I feel like this outfit reminds me of Madeline's school uniform. I could relate to Madeline as a child because I too was the smallest of my peers. I always had to sit in the front row for class portraits. When it was time to play "house," an imaginary game that required my friends and I to mimic various roles in the family system. I was always stuck with being the baby or the family dog because I was the smallest. I liked that despite the fact that Madeline was the shortest, it didn't stop her from going on great adventures and accomplishing big heroic tasks.

Outfit:
Dress: Forever 21 
Knit Sweater: Forever 21 
Bag: Ebay
Hat: Forever 21
Have a great Thursday, lovelies!
I more day till the weekend!!
xo Precious 

13 comments:

  1. I really love this dress and color on you! Madeline was also one of my favorite childhood stories growing up. Not only did I adore the setting in France but also the illustrations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know one of the best childhood series ever!! :)

      Delete
  2. Aaw how cute! I got the Madeline reference at first sight! Such a lovely dress! You look very pretty in it, love the combo with the hat too! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. that dress is so cute!

    xx nikki
    www.dream-in-neon.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you it is one of my favorites now!! :)

      Delete
  4. my recent surgical adventures reminded me of Madeline! "voila! my scar!"
    such a cute story

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes I love that part of the story, so cute!! :)

      Delete
  5. Love that dress!
    ♥♥♥
    Jeanne
    http://fashionmusingsdiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is definitely a Madeline dress and it is too cute! Love the cardigan as well, it looks so cozy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and yes the sweater is so cozy, I almost never want to take it off! Ha ha...

      Delete
  7. I absolutely loved this post. Madeline was my absolute favorite fictional character growing up. Whenever my mother took me to the library, I went straight for the Madeline books.

    ReplyDelete