Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Outfit // Friendship Fail








Today I am going to be transparent and reveal something a little personal. I struggle with meeting new people and making new friends. Some of it may be my introverted personality that enables me to reveal the fun, quirky side to others. Overall, I know the main reason is that I have a big fear of rejection. There is nothing more terrifying than putting myself out there (all of me, no sugar coating) and being completely rejected by someone. It bites. Without going into too much detail I attempted to put my guard down and start a new relationship last week. Unfortunately my efforts were unrewarded, I was embarrassed and a little confused. Especially because the other party initiated the encounter so I guess I misunderstood their intentions and assumed they wanted to be friends. Needless to say I am kind of glad this happened. Now I feel stronger and have a newfound appreciation for the friends and family who really care about me. Sometimes you have to go through hard times to get a clearer perspective on things. 

Outfit:
Sweater: Forever 21
Sandals: ModCloth
Hat: Urban Outfitters


What about you? Is it easy for you to make friends?

Have a great Wednesday, lovelies!
xo Precious 

8 comments:

  1. I am pretty much exactly the same way. Ever since I've been attending college, I've learned how difficult it is for me to make friends... I completely understand what you're going through and I'm sorry it hasn't worked out :( But you are not alone! Also, love the dress!

    2thesecretlab.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Wow, its nice to know I'm not alone! :)

      Delete
  2. your dress is so cute, I love it with that straw hat
    xo
    www.laurajaneatelier.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Im obsessed with this hat now!! :)

      Delete
  3. it's always hard meeting new people. the only way to think after a situation like that is that it's their loss cause you're awesome! :D

    xx nikki
    www.dream-in-neon.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe thanks! Yes there is nothing that makes me more nervous than meeting new people.

      Delete
  4. I struggle with the same thing actually. In college it was easier to make friends, but now that I've graduated I find it harder to put myself out there. I'm pretty shy, but once someone starts talking to me I'm pretty easygoing! Hang in there & I hope things look up for you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have noticed the same thing after I graduated too! I am the same way and I am shy at first until I am very comfortable with someone. Then Im like a completely different person! ha ha :)

      Delete