Monday, April 27, 2015

Springtime Poetry // Sylvia Plath







Mad Girl's Love Song 
By: Sylvia Plath 

"I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead;
I lift my lids and all is born again. 
(I think I made you up inside my head.)

The stars go waltzing out in blue and red,
And arbitrary blackness gallops in:
I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead. 

I dread that you bewitched me into bed 
And sung me moon-struck, kissed me quite insane. 
(I think I made you up inside my head.)

God topples from the sky; hell's fires fade:
Exit seraphim and Satan's men:
I shut my eyes and the world drops dead. 

I fancied you'd return the way you said,
But I grow old and I forget your name. 
(I think I made you up inside my head.)

I should have love a thunderbird instead;
At least when spring comes they roar back again. 
I shut my eyes and the world drops dead.
(I think I made you up inside my head.)"

Have a great Tuesday, lovelies!
xo Precious

4 comments:

  1. Love the glasses and I love the poetry too...Sylvia Plath is a favourite :) Thanks for popping by my blog, I hope you come again. Have a sweet day :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. that little green clutch is so cute!

    xx nikki
    www.dream-in-neon.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that sweet hat! It's such a great shape and I bet looks awesome on you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are adorable! Loving this sweet ensemble! T. http://tickledpinkwoman@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete